Pass Type IDs serve as a digital signature of the punch cards so that the punch cards can be validated and accepted by iOS devices. Though when a Pass Type ID expires, this will also invalidate an existing punch card.
To renew a Pass Type ID, follow the steps below:
IMPORTANT - make sure you have Intermediate certificate installed on your machine, you can download it from https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer (download and double click)
1. Generate Signing request on your Mac
1.1 Open Keychain Access
1.2 Select Keychain Access menu and select Certificate Assistant.
1.3 Then select Request A Certificate From Certificate Authority and enter all required details. Make sure to select Save on Disk option.
1.4 Once you generate and save the Signing Request on Step 1.3, it would also add a public and private key into your Keychain Access (with same name as you entered “Common Name” during signing request generation).
2. Go to you Apple Developer account and select Certificates, IDs & Profiles.
3. In the Identifier section, select Pass Type IDs, then it would display all the Pass Type IDs on the right panel.
4. Select the Pass Type ID you want to generate certificate for then click Edit.
5. On the Edit screen, click Create Certificate to create/add new certificate for this Pass Type ID.
6. Click Continue as you already have generated a Signing Request file
7. On the next screen, upload the generated signing certificate request that you saved from step 1.3.
8. Download/Save the generated certificate file on your computer.
9. Double-click the certificate file to add it in Keychain Access
10. Once the certificate is on Keychain Access, select that certificate and right click it then select Export
11. On the Export dialog make sure the selected file format is Personal Information Exchange (.p12), then Save it on your computer.
12. Use exported/saved .p12 file and import/upload it in the MobiPunch platform.