In very basic terms, once you (or your system) tell us what needs to change, LocalPass confirms the Pass is still active (i.e. still in a user's mobile wallet) and then pushes the update to the device, which automatically updates the Pass. If you have selected a notification message, the user will be informed that something has changed in their Pass. A quick swipe of the notification will open the Pass and they will quickly see what has changed.
Articles in this section
- What is LocalPass
- What is a Mobile Wallet
- What is a Pass?
- What is a Pass Campaign?
- What are the Benefits of a LocalPass Campaign?
- Can you change the function of a Pass?
- What smartphones that support mobile passes
- Do I need to be able to code to create Passes using LocalPass?
- Do I need an app to distribute mobile wallet content?
- How does a pass get updated?