This tutorial is a step-by-step instruction on how to generate an APN Certificate (.CER) file on Apple provisioning portal in order to enable Push Notifications. You don't need a Mac to do this. A computer with any of our supported browsers will work.
- Login using your dev account credentials on http://developer.apple.com/iphone.
- On the left side menu please pick the "iOS Dev Center" section.
- On the right side menu click on "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" section.
- Pick the "Identifiers" section (or follow direct link https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/overview.action), and you'll be redirected to the App ID's section.
- In this step you'll need to pick the "App Id" that you created before. If you have not yet created it, please read this tutorial and follow the steps 7 to 10.
- Select your App ID and click on the Settings button.
- Enable the Push Notifications checkbox
- <<< DOWNLOAD apnrequest.csr >>> certificate request file and save it on your computer.
- Click on the "Create certificate" button for Production Push SSL Certificate and in the next step just click the "Continue" button.
- Choose the .CSR file you've just downloaded in step 8.
**Please note: Using our .csr file is Required. If you'll use your own .csr file the Push Notifications in your iOS app will not work
Click on the "Generate" button.
- Click on the "Download" button to download your certificate.
Save aps_production.cer on your computer.
- Click the "Done" button.
If everything was done right, you should have a file named aps_production.cer saved on your computer. Please remember its location. You need to upload it on Push Notifications page from Dashboard of your application.