This feature allows you to check in with Facebook from a location.
In order to add a new Check-In Page to your app, go to Edit Pages menu then click the "+" (Add New Page) button. From the list of the page types available select Check-In Page and click the "Create" button.
Once the page is added you may proceed with editing it.
1) The Location Name that will appear on Facebook Wall.
2) Set the address of the location.
3) set a phone number
4,5) Set the coordinates of the location. This is the most important setting. The user will be able to check in only when he will be located on these coordinates.
The easiest way to get the coordinates of a location is using the "What's here" function on Google Maps website.
6) Set a description of the location.
Since this page is related to Facebook, you need to set a FB API Key and FB App Secret in App Dashboard > App Settings > Facebook.
In Order to get a FB API key and FB App Secret, you will have to create an App on your Facebook account. Creating an App will take you a few minutes.
Login to your Facebook account and go to the Developer page: https://developers.facebook.com/apps
Click on the "Create a new App" button
* Make sure you disable the sandbox mode.
* Bundle ID can be any ID (e.g. com.appname.domain)
* If the App is not published yet, leave the 'iPhone App Store ID" and "iPad App Store ID" fields blank.
Once you are done, click "save". Set the FB API Key and FB App secret that you see on the top of the page in App Dashboard > App Settings > Facebook.
Let's see now how the page looks on the device
Once you press on the "Check-In" button , a popup window will show up. Here you can login with Facebook.
Once you logged in, you may post on Facebook.
On the Facebook website, the shared post will look like this.
* Google Map link - will redirect you to the coordinates you have set.
* iTunes Link- is the URL link you have set in App Dashboard > App Settings > General > Share link: (application link in App Store)
Note: This page type is currently supported only on iOS platform.