Different types of information can be stored on a NFC tag. Usually, textual and numerical data can be stored on a certain tag but NFC tags commonly store information such as URL/web addresses, contact information, WiFi passwords, Bluetooth pairing information, etc. When you write information on a NFC tag, it formats it to a specific data format called NFC data exchange format and this format is readable by all mobile devices equipped with NFC.
Articles in this section
- What phones have NFC built in?
- What are NFC tags
- What information can you store
- Could someone change my NFC tag?
- How can I encode NFC tags?
- What batteries do NFC tags take?
- How close do I have to be to the tag for it to work?
- Do NFC tags work on all surfaces?
- What is NFC used for?
- What is the user experience?