For domains that have desktop websites, please follow these links:
If your domain does not have a desktop website but you wish to use the domain for the mobile website, please follow the steps below to correctly setup a Custom Domain Name/URL for your mobile website.
For GoDaddy interface:
Example domain: http://domain.com
1. Login to your GoDaddy account, under the Domains section, launch the domain to be used.
2. Under the Settings tab, click the Forwarding options.
3. An interface will pop up, create a forwarding for the following details:
http://domain.com ---> forwards to ---> http://www.domain.com
4. Select Forwarding only (no masking)
5. On the DNS tab, click Edit Records/Zone files
6. Under the CNAME section, if a CNAME record for www (under the Host column) exists, edit that then proceed to step 7. Otherwise, create a new record for www then proceed to step 7.
7. Create a CNAME record with the following settings:
For column Host: www
For column Points to: m.cloud-host.mobi (for white label, enter your mobile URL m.your-WL-domain-name.com)
For TTL column: 1 hour
8. Save the Zone files.
9. On the mobile website, go to the Mobile URL settings on the left side.
10. At the Custom Domain Name section, enter www.domain.com
11. Click Save.
12. Click Preview link. If the mobile website preview comes up, the redirect and CNAME records have been correctly setup. Otherwise, please consult steps 1 through 7 and check if these steps were strictly followed.
For CPanel (HostGator/Blue Host/Just Host) interface:
1. Make sure that your domain is already hosted with a webhosting service that uses a CPanel interface.
2. Login into your CPanel account.
3. Go to Redirects section.
4. On the Type section, select Permanent 301
5. On the http://(www.)? section, select your domain. Leave the section after the forward slash (/) blank
6. on the redirects to --> section, enter http://www.domain.com
7. Select Do not Redirect www
8. Click Add button
9. Go to the Simple/Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
10. Select the domain you wish to use under the drop down list (if your webhost has multiple domains hosted)
11. Enter the following details:
CNAME: m.cloud-host.mobi (for WL partners, enter your mobile URL which is m.your-WL-domain-name.com)
12. Click Add record
13. If www already exists, just edit the CNAME record and use the details on step 12.
14. On the mobile CMS, go to your mobile website, then go to Mobile URL settings on the left side.
15. On the Custom Domain Name section, enter www.domain.com
16. Click the Save button.
17. Click the Preview link, it the preview comes up, the steps above have been successful. Otherwise, please redo steps 2 through 16 to double check.
Please do not skip the forward/redirect steps as this is very important when using the domain for stand alone mobile websites.
If there is a desktop website associated, please follow the steps indicated on these help pages:
If the steps above were strictly followed and the mobile website is still not coming up in the preview after 1 hour to 48 hours of setting the redirects/Forwarding and CNAME records, please submit a support ticket.