STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
Using our Integrated Analytics module you can now track custom hyper links. This can be applied to text links or image links and is a great way to track tap-to-call clicks. It will also by default track all of your Social Media links and Social Sharing Links and display data in the Custom Variable section.
Follow the instructions below to set up custom link tracking:
A. Add tracking to a text link
1. In the text editor, type the text content where you will embed a URL or link.
2. Highlight the text where you want to embed the link then click Insert/Edit Link icon on the text editor toolbar.
3. Put in the Link URL field the URL of the website where you want your visitor to go to when they tap on that link. Then click the Insert button.
4. Back in the text editor, click the HTML icon on the toolbar to enter the HTML source code editor.
5. To insert the analytics ID for that specific URL, look for the <a href> tag then insert this code: data-m-analytics="LINK ID", where LINK ID is the ID for that particular link. It can be any name. For example, you have a link that goes to http://www.mobidemo.net, then look for this code:
Then insert the analytics code which will turn the <a href> code into this:
<a href="http://www.mobidemo.net" data-m-analytics="Mobidemo Link">
Where "Mobidemo Link" is analytics ID for that URL.
6. Click the Update button then click the Save button.
7. To test, visit the mobile website on your mobile device, then go to the page where the URL is. Tap on the link.
8. To check the analytics for that URL, go to the Analytics BETA page on the left hand side then scroll down to the bottom where the Custom Variables are located. The ID of the URL will appear in there.
B. Tracking image links
1. Upload an image by clicking the Upload Image button.
2. Insert the image through the Choose File button if you're going to upload an image from your hard drive or specify the URL of the image if the image is available on the web.
3. Once the image is uploaded, click the image to highlight it. Then click the Edit/Insert Link button on the toolbar.
4. Follow steps 4 through 8 in section A of this article.