This tutorial is a step-by-step instruction on how to generate a Distribution Provisioning Profile (.MOBILEPROVISION) file on Apple provisioning portal in order to build and submit your application from your account. You don't need a Mac to do this. A computer with any of our supported browsers will work. You need a .MOBILEPROVISION file for every application you want to submit to the AppStore. Please repeat these steps for every application.
- Login using your dev account credentials on http://developer.apple.com/iphone.
- On the left side menu please pick the "iOS Dev Center" section.
- On the right side menu click on "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" section.
- Pick the "Certificates" section (or follow the direct link http://developer.apple.com/ios/manage/certificates/team).
- Click on the "App Id" tab in order to create it.
- Click on the "+" button for adding the new App.
- Enter your application name in the App Name box
- Specify the Bundle Identifier as com.[your_domain_name].StyleM if your AppID is StyleM.
(replace [your_domain_name] with a valid name)
This Bundle Identifier is case sensitive. Make sure you'll use the same lower/upper case letters, exactly as your AppID appears on brick&mobile. Use the Application ID you specified when you first created your app on brick&mobile This AppID is listed under the My Application tab.
- Click the "Continue" button and in the last step click on the "Submit" button.
- On the left side menu select "Provisioning Profiles". Then select the DISTRIBUTION tab.
- Click on the "+" button for adding a new Mobileprovision.
- Select the Distribution Method to be "App Store". Then click on the "Continue" button.
- Select your Bundle Id then click the "Continue" button.
- Select the Distribution Certificates that will "sign" this provisioning profile, then click on the "Continue" button.
- Name your mobileprovision file (Ex: yourAppID_profile). Click the "Generate" button.
- Click on the "Download" button and save this file on your computer.
Now you should have a .MOBILEPROVISION file saved on your computer. Remember its location as you will need to upload this file on the next page.