This tutorial is a step-by-step instruction on how to generate a Distribution Certificate (.CER) file on Apple provisioning portal in order to build and submit your application from your account. You don't need a Mac to do this. A computer with any of our supported browsers will work.
NOTE: You must be enrolled into Apple iOS program at http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios.
Learn how to create production certificate for Apple Push Notification service here.
- Login using your dev account credentials on http://developer.apple.com/ios. Go to "iOS Dev Center"
- On right side menu click on "iOS Dev Center"
- On right side menu click on "Certificates,Identifiers & Profiles"
- On left side menu click "Certificates" (or follow direct link http://developer.apple.com/ios/manage/certificates/team).
- On left side menu click on "All"
- Click on this button for add new.
- Choose "App Store and Ad Hoc" and click button "Continue".
- Next step click button "Continue".
- <<< CLICK HERE >>> to download "request.csr" certificate request file and save it on your computer
NOTE: If you have a Mac, DO NOT generate a new .csr file. Use downloaded request.csr
- On Provisioning Portal click "Upload File" and upload "request.csr" you downloaded in previous step
NOTE: depending on your browser, this button may be "Choose File" or something else.
- Select request.csr file you saved in previous step and click "Generate"
IMPORTANT: Refresh your browser window. Your certificate should be in Pending Approval state. Keep refreshing until you see an Approve button.
- Click on Download button
Keep refreshing browser window until you see a Download button