This tutorial is describes to help you prepare your applications for sale in the App Store. You can use Application Loader to create an Application Loader package containing the In-App Purchase metadata you want to add to your application and to submit your application binary files to the App Store.
Application Loader offers fast uploading, stable connections, and early validation warnings.
Application Loader 3.0 requires a Mac, at least 512 MB RAM, and OS v10.8 or later installed. Apple recommends at least 20 GB of available space and a broadband internet connection with an upload rate of 1MB/sec or faster.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION LOADER AND install it on your Mac OS X:
1. If the link above is not working, download the Application Loader from the iTunes Connect home page in Resources and Help link.
2. Click the Application Loader link to download the self-extracting installation package (ApplicationLoader_X.X.dmg). Save this file on your computer.
3. Double-click the installation package (ApplicationLoader.pkg) and follow the instructions that appear.
NOTE: When installing Application Loader on the Mac, before you can install the software, you must log in to your computer as a member of the administrator group.
4. Read the installation introduction, and then click Continue.
5. Click Install to perform the standard installation.
The installation package installs files in your Applications folder.
Type your administrator password and click OK, if prompted.
6. Click Close.
Open the Application Loader application by double-clicking the "Application Loader.app" icon in the Applications folder,or the folder you specified during a custom install. You are now ready to begin using Application Loader.
Open the Application Loader application by double-clicking the "Application Loader.app" icon in the /Developer/Applications/Utilities folder or, to access Application Loader from the Xcode developer tools package, choose Xcode > Open Developer Tool > Application Loader. You are now ready to begin using Application Loader.
NOTE: The Xcode developer tools package is part of the latest Software Development Kit (SDK) from Apple. You can download the latest SDK when you sign in to the Apple Dev Center.
Sign in to or out of Application Loader
Before you can use Application Loader to create an Application Loader package and to submit your application binary files to the App Store, you must initialize Application Loader by providing your iTunes Connect login information at startup.
1. Double-click the "Application Loader.app" icon in the /Developer/Applications/Utilities folder or, to access Application Loader from the Xcode developer tools package, choose Xcode > Open Developer Tool > Application Loader.
2. Read the Application Loader Software License Agreement, and then click Agree.
Application Loader opens the "Sign In" window.
4. Click "Keep me signed" to stay signed in when you quit Application Loader.
5. Click Sign In.
Application Loader verifies your iTunes Connect sign-in information and stores your Apple UD and password for future Application Loader operations.
NOTES: If you change your iTunes Connect password, you must use the "Sign In" window to reset your Apple ID and password in Application Loader. To reset your Apple ID and password, choose Window -> Sign In As in Application Loader, and then repeat steps 3 through 5 above.
To sign out of Application Loader
Do one of the following:
- Choose Window > Sign Out Of > <user_name>.
- Deselect "Keep me signed in" in the Sign In window, then quit Application Loader r, to change accounts, click the active user button, then sign in using new iTunes Connect sing-in information.
Submitting Your Application Binary Files
When you finished uploading your assets and completed the application submission process in iTunes Connect, you can deliver your application binary files to the App Store.
To submit your application binary files:
1. Click Deliver Your App in the Template Chooser window, then click Choose.
2. Select your application binary file from the Deliver Your App window.
3. Click Open.
Application Loader searches for the application and displays a window with your application details, including name, version number, SKU number, primary language, copyright, type, and Apple ID.
Click Activity to display the Background Activity window and view delivery status information for all packages you are currently sending, including pending messages, time remaining, warning and error messages, and so on.
4. Click Next.
Application Loader begins uploading your application binary file to the App Store.
Click to stop the transfer and keep the window open to select another file to submit.
Fix any delivery warnings or errors or click "Send to Apple" to submit your delivery failure information to Apple, then deliver your app again.
For more instructions on how to use App Loader click here.